Friday, August 3, 2007

Teddy Bear Party




We made bears!


We made 117 bears for the kids at the Hospice and Camp Erin, a bereavement camp. Camp Erin is partly sponsered by the Moyer Foundation and alot of folks in the community all come together to make Camp happen. Frontier Bank and Banner Bank both help out by providing funds for campers. Everett Clinic helps pay for food and renting the camp site. Project Linus makes quilts so when each child arrives at camp the are greated by a hand made bear and quilt on their bed.


It was just amazing to see all the bears people made and all the love and care that went into them. It made me go all teary eyed to see so many people in the community come together. Knitters are the best. We had people from 90 years old to 5 1/2 years old making bears. OK, clothes for bears. The bears themselves are donated by Warm 106.9, and other local radio stations. It was such fun.

These are to two I made.

Some of the bears, not in the 117 total, will go for auction in Oct. There was an Arabain Nights bear and a bear with a sheep stuffy and even a biker Nun. The creativity of my fellow knitters is awe inspiring. Just, wow.

I'll have more pictures as I get them. and I'll come up with more brilliant commentary as I have time. This is just a quick post. More to come....

No comments: