Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A sneak peek at the Stash

Almost every person I know has a stash. Not every stash has yarn but the erge to stash is very human. My huband stashes snack foods and scrap booking supplies. My friend Lisa has a yarn and fabric stash. My friend Shelley has a profound yarn stash. I thought folks might like a little peek at mine.



I have a yarn cupboard. It's double layered, there's more yarn behind the bit in the front. Most of this yarn is sock yarn.








I have yarn under the bed. This is mostly wool for felting. Some of it I dyed myself.
This is not the only box of yarn under the bed, but we will not take pictures of all of them. We do not want the Husband to ever really know the full extent of the stash.






I have yarn in the closet. Husband insists on hanging his clothes in the bottom part, I get the shelves.


I also have knitting books. And an alarming tenedency to leave my knitting projects 'all over the damn house' quoth my husband. Whom I dearly love and tolerate his alarming tendency to leave books and empty soda cans all over the damn house.
I also have some less tidy corners with baskets, bags and, well more bags of knitting projects and yarn. But they were somewhat less picture worthy.
I love my stash.
And I needed to blog on something that was NOT the shawl...

1 comment:

Tikkunknitter said...

Now that's a stash!
Lovely knitting too.