Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The First Day of June Has Arrived With Rain

I know, rain in Seattle, who knew?

This week seems to be all about finishing. Today I have to finish Leonard's bunny, finish the laundry I started yesterday, and finish cleaning the kitchen. This week I have to finish cleaning out the garage, so I can get to my painting things, so I can finish the two paintings I have on commission and the nine or so I've already started but never finished before the last garage clean. This is what I get for putting my studio in the garage. If I had the space I would move it in to a room that has heat. At least I'm making progress. My garage has a lot more floor than it did last week and I've vacuumed it at every step so it's a clean floor too. I've even found my old dear friend the dining room table. Handy for all kinds of crafty projects!
And if you think this picture is a big ol' mess you should have seen it before. I hate when things get disorganized, it makes me grind my teeth.

On to more knitting topics, much more fun. I've started to preliminary drawing for Teto, the fox-squirrel from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. I have the yarn all ready to pick colors. I'll be using Lamb's Pride for the main body and then some Crystal Palace Whisper in cream for the fur ruff around the neck. This should make the neck ruff super soft and fluffy.


Oh, and one more Bootie pic! I just can't seem to get enough making booties. I'm averaging a pair a week. My Mom was talking about hanging them from the mobile. Yeah, a bootie-go-round. That just sounds so wrong.

No comments: